Monday, September 17, 2012

Remember that consigned coffee table ($96.02) that I was SO excited about finding?


Well, I woke up bright and early Saturday morning with big plans to refinish that little table. I picked up a few electric sanders from my dad (who has 3...why does anyone need 3 sanders?) and stopped at Lowes for some supplies. $36.83 later, I'm on my way home.

Remember, my house is small, we don't have a garage so I have to work on my porch. Ghetto. Don't judge.  So Mark lugged the table outside for me and I go to town taking the hardware off and sanding that bad boy. After it was sanded, I applied the primer. Then I painted a small section to make sure I liked the color. I loved it. The only issue...after it dried, it scratched/peeled easily. Damn it, I was going to have to strip the entire thing.

If you've stripped furniture before, you know it isn't an easy process. Especially if you only have a small space to work in. But...I was excited and in love with what the finished product was going to look like. It took me 3 (freakin) trips to Lowes ($35.90), 4 hours, damage to my fingernails, stains on the porch and an  aching lower back...and the beast was naked.

(Sidenote: When I say "stains on the porch" that's code for "my husband accidentally kicked over the blue paint can.")

In short...it pretty much took all day Saturday. Saturday night, I demand pizza and movie on the couch.

Sunday morning I wake up to to the sound of rain.

Raining on my f'ing coffee table.


Warped. The entire thing is totally warped. $168.65 and an entire day...gone.
I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I didn't cry. Because I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment