Monday, April 16, 2012

For those of you who don't already know, Mark and I have our own photography business. Mark officially started the business about a year ago and to say it's been pretty successful is a complete understatement. Mark is the main shooter and I'm his second shooter for weddings and assistant/lens holder/light box lugger/fixer of the models hair and makeup/and driver for engagements and bridal shoots. I LOVE it. He's so talented and I feel so lucky that we are able to do something like this together...and not kill each other like some couples would! We have so much fun meeting the couples and working with them to capture this special time in their lives. Being around the romance and excitement of newly engaged couples is so refreshing! Anywho, I'm sure most of you have seen the website, but if not, take a looksy Mark Potter Photography.

This is the first weekend in a while that we haven't had a shoot to do. I was in a Excel workshop for work on Thursday and Friday of last week. Mark took his third graders on a field trip to the art museum in Raleigh on Friday (kill me). Needless to day, by Friday night, cocktails were in order. I made Moscow Mules. Freakin yum. If you like ginger, you'd love it!


Authentic Aussie Ginger Beer
sold at World Market


1 double shot of vodka poured over ice
1 tablespoon of lime juice                       
1/2 bottle of Bundaberg Ginger Beer
Stir
Candied ginger to garnish











I spent most of the weekend reading the Hunger Games series. I'm on the last book now. I'm so addicted. I love Peeta, but I love Gale. But I love Peeta, but they had to go and make Gale cuter in the movie, but if Peeta and I had kids, the blond hair would be uber cute, but Gale is much more streetwise and would never take a knife to a gunfight, but on the other hand, Peeta could bake me his bready goodness and feed into my love of carbs,...and frost me all day...


     say sumthin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment