Friday, July 6, 2012

Avocado Spaghetti

Last night I decided to take an already carb-o-lishous meal (pasta) and pack more fat into it! Why not?!

I've seen a few bloggers make/post about Avocado Spaghetti so I thought I'd take a stab at it since Mark and I are avid guac eaters. It's really simple, if you can boil water and use a food processor...BOOM, you're in the game!

You'll need:
2 fist fulls of spagetti (one for each person, I used whole wheat),
3 ripe avocados (soft, but not yet brown I think mine were brownish),
Juice of 2 lemons, 
2-3 cloves garlic, 
1/3 cup of good olive oil, 
1 big handful of fresh basil,
Generous pinch of salt, 
Grating of Parmesan,
A heaping handful of cherry tomatoes.

Pop all the ingredients (minus the spaghetti, Parmesan and tomatoes) into your food processor. Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency. Taste it and make sure it doesn't need more of anything. Once the pasta is cooked and still hot, mix the avocado sauce into the pasta and top with halved cherry tomatoes and some Parmesan cheese. 
 
Mark really, really, enjoyed it! I though it was good...but just good. It seemed a bit heavy to me. Maybe next time I'll go a little lighter on the avocado and add some grilled chicken.   

After dinner we took the dog for a walk and when we came back in....WHAM...the smell of the garlic/basil hit us like a mac truck! It will truly stink up your house, light a candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment