Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Anniversary and the Courthouse

Two years ago today, Mark and I were suitin' up for our wedding day. For Visa purposes, we needed to get married within a certain number of days after Mark returned to the US for good. We didn't have enough time to plan a full blown wedding, so the courthouse would have to do! (The "Wedding B" would follow in May.) 

As we approached the High Point courthouse, I remember feeling really nervous. I wasn't nervous about marrying my best friend...I was nervous about HOW we were going to get married. I kept thinking "great, they're probably going to think I'm knocked up." When we walked into the magistrate's office, my anxiety heightened as he peered at us through the glass divider. We passed a few documents though the window in his office for him to look at. Awesome, this is the booking room at the courthouse. I'm getting married where people make their one phone call before they go to the clinker. 

Thankfully, the  magistrate asked if we would like to go outside. Yes, PULEASE! Although, I couldn't stop laughing at the "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THE POLICE DOG" signs. I also completely forgot that we'd have to say our vows. For some reason I thought we'd sign the paper and wham-bam-thank-you-mam. Instead, we said our vows outside of the High Point courthouse near some loading dock looking thing, a few dumpsters and police dog signs.
After our wedding, we threw a small party with our family and closest friends. We ate, drank champagne, played corn hole and wandered to the nearby bars. On May 21st we celebrated with 150 of out friends and family...and I got to wear an even better dress :) 

It's so strange how 2 years can seem like forever ago and just yesterday.

All in all, I'm a pretty lucky girl. Not only did I get to have two really memorable weddings, but I got an awesome husband out of it as well. Thank you for making me a happy, loved girl.

And P.S. 
I'm trying REAL hard to plan a "Wedding C." Third time's a charm, right? ;) 

1 comment:

  1. This story is so incredibly sweet! I could have cried if I really wanted to. Y'all are such an amazing couple and so glad I let y'all in a little window of Nick and I's lives. I wish you both nothing but happiness and a wonderful future ahead!

    ReplyDelete