Thursday, August 16, 2012

Good Eats

I really hate to admit how ridiculously easy this recipe was, considering Mark proclaimed it to be "the best meal" I've ever made. (I think he's forgotten about the Coca Cola Chicken Wings) Actually, I don't think you would even call it a "recipe." It really tasted like something you would order in a restaurant. I served the chicken with a salad and a glass of chilled, sweet red wine.

Oh, and I used free range chicken. I really think this contributed to the tastiness. If I were a chicken, I'd perfer to run free before my doomsday. 

Peace, love and free range chick-chick.


Caprese Cordon Bleu 

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded or diced
2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
1/3 cup bread crumbs
A few pats of butter or margarine

 Here’s How:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butterfly each chicken breast. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil among both chicken breasts, leaving some basil leaves aside for garnish. Fold over the chicken breast and use toothpicks to hold the stuffing in.
4. Once chicken is stuffed, roll in a coating on breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Finish cooking the chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. To serve, garnish with fresh basil.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment