Friday, May 11, 2012

Skinny Cocktail, heck yes.

I have a confession to make.
I am an addict.
I am completely addicted to tropical fruit. Lame, I know. In the past 48 hours I've consumed 4 (life changing) mangoes, 3 bananas, 3 kiwis and 2 grapefruit. Mangoes especially, I cant get enough. It's not enough for me to just eat them, I was also in search for a tropical fruity (low calorie) drink for tonight. I think I found one...and took off running to the ABC Store on my lunch break. Class act, I know.
Hello, gorgeous!

This tropical puppy is only 145 calories!

The goods:
2 Tablespoons (1oz or 2 or 3) tequila
1 Tablespoon (.5oz) strawberry simple syrup
3 Tablespoons (1.5oz) orange juice (about 1/2 navel orange)
3 Tablespoons (1.5oz) pineapple juice
1/4 cup (2oz) club soda
ice

To make the simple syrup:
 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
3 large strawberries

Directions:
1. For the strawberry simple syrup: Combine sugar, water, and strawberries into a small saucepan over high heat. Mash strawberries as the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 30 seconds, then turn off the heat and allow syrup to cool completely. Transfer syrup to a food processor or blender, process until smooth, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the strawberry seeds (optional.) Chill in the fridge.

2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add tequila, strawberry simple syrup, orange juice, and pineapple juice. Shake until very cold. Pour into a glass, including the ice, then top with club soda.

I found this on Pinterest. The rest of this girl's blog looks equally delicious. Iowagirleats.com.

I let you know how intoxicating good it is.  

BTW, umm...isn't this an awesome idea?!

Annnnddd, I just remembered we don't have this kind of shelf in our fridge. Never mind the awesome idea.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment